PHOENIX, AZ (June 20, 2019) — The Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) today announced the selection of ten awardees in the Spring 2019 Arizona Innovation Challenge (AIC), its business plan competition designed to advance innovation and technology commercialization opportunities in Arizona by helping early-stage ventures scale.
All AIC awardees will participate in Venture Ready, the ACA’s rigorous, year-long mentorship program that connects early-stage companies with other founders, senior executives and subject matter experts to further refine business plans and investor pitches. In order for the awardees to receive all of their non-dilutive funding, they will be required to successfully graduate from Venture Ready within 12 months.
“Congratulations to our Spring 2019 awardees! This group is a strong testament to the quality of entrepreneurial talent we have in Arizona,” said Sandra Watson, President & CEO of the Arizona Commerce Authority. “We look forward to helping these founders achieve their vision and scale their companies in our state.”
- The ten Spring 2019 Arizona Innovation Challenge awardees are:
- Additive Implants Inc., Bio & Life Sciences, Phoenix, AZ
- Admiral Instruments, Advanced Manufacturing, Phoenix, AZ
- AdviNOW Medical, Bio & Life Sciences, Scottsdale, AZ
- BrightGuest, IT – Software, Gilbert, AZ
- CATS Tonometer, LLC, Bio & Life, Sciences Tucson, AZ
- Digitile, IT – Software, Phoenix, AZ
- Innovative Construction Technology, IT – Software, Phoenix, AZ
- LIGHTHOUSE, Bio & Life Sciences, Scottsdale, AZ
- Remitter, IT – Software, Tempe, AZ
- SafKan, Inc., Bio & Life Sciences, Tucson, AZ
The ACA will open applications for the next round of AIC competition in the fall of 2019. Companies located anywhere in the world may apply, as long as they plan to establish operations and commercialize their product or service in Arizona if they are selected as an awardee.
Connie Weber, (602) 845-1243, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Arizona Commerce Authority
The Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) is the state’s leading economic development organization with a streamlined mission to grow and strengthen Arizona’s economy. The ACA uses a three-pronged approach to advance the overall economy: attract, expand, create – attract out-of-state companies to establish operations in Arizona; work with existing companies to expand their business in Arizona and beyond; and help entrepreneurs create new Arizona businesses in targeted industries. For more information, please visit azcommerce.com and follow the ACA on Twitter @azcommerce.